OS X Redistributable (Updated 12-15-2015)
- Install latest OS X via a **clean install**. Then perform an update, until there are no remaining updates.
- We really do mean a **CLEAN** install. If you are not careful, you will find other things you have downloaded in the past included into your package (things in your ~/Downloads). Not to mention any previous install of libraries via Home Brew, MacPorts etc, **will taint** your package. Requiring the package (and thus all of your intended end-users) to also need Home Brew, MacPorts as well.
- Macintosh Pre-requisite software needed:
- Auxiliary Tools [Available from Apple Developer site](https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action?name=Auxiliary%20Tools)
- Specifically, we're only interested in obtaining the PackageMaker application. Grab the above dmg (**Get the 2012 version, as the 2013 version no longer comes with PackageMaker**), and drag the PackageMaker application to your Applications directory.
- Command Line Tools for (choose one):
- El Capitan [Available from Apple Developer site](https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action?name=for%20Xcode)
- Yosemite [Available from Apple Developer site](https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action?name=for%20Xcode)
- Mavericks [Available from Apple Developer site](https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action?name=for%20Xcode)
- [Mountain Lion](http://devimages.apple.com/downloads/xcode/command_line_tools_for_osx_mountain_lion_april_2014.dmg)
Open Safari preferences and un-check 'Open safe files after downloading' (The next set of instructions assumes you have done this!):
1. [Download software using Safari](osx_redist-downloads)
2. [Install software](osx_redist-install)
3. [Build the MOOSE Compiler Package](osx_redist-build)
Following the above to completion, you should have a *.pkg available to redistribute.