- Install latest OS X via a clean install. Then perform an update, until there are no remaining updates.
- We really do mean a CLEAN install. If you are not careful, you will find other things you have downloaded in the past included into your package (things in your ~/Downloads). Not to mention any previous install of libraries via Home Brew, MacPorts etc, will taint your package. Requiring the package (and thus all of your intended end-users) to also need Home Brew, MacPorts as well.
- Macintosh Pre-requisite software needed:
- Auxiliary Tools Available from Apple Developer site
- Specifically, we're only interested in obtaining the PackageMaker application. Grab the above dmg (Get the 2012 version, as the 2013 version no longer comes with PackageMaker), and drag the PackageMaker application to your Applications directory.
- Command Line Tools for (choose one):
Open Safari preferences and un-check 'Open safe files after downloading' (The next set of instructions assumes you have done this!):
- Download software using Safari
- Install software
- Build the MOOSE Compiler Package
Following the above to completion, you should have a *.pkg available to redistribute.